Crafted For Performance
The Kistler Chromium Reel is outfitted with superior performance specs:
- Deep Spool to Maximize Line Capacity.
- Strategically positioned Ceramic Bearings that drastically increase the Free-Spool Capability which aids in farther casting potential as well as eliminates corrosion issues from salt water.
- External centrifugal braking system controlled by an easily accessible side-plate dial.
FAQS | 100% PURCHASE PROTECTION
The Chromium casting reel comes with Kistler's 1 Year Free Replacement Limited Manufacturer's Warranty. Read More
REPAIRS AND SERVICING
All Kistler Reels can be serviced or repaired for many years to come by our Factor Authorized Repair Center in Austin, TX. We maintain a heavy stock of spare parts for all Kistler Reels.
Need a repair or service or have a warranty issue? Fill out the warranty claim form.
Cast your Kistler! Use your product or try on your apparel. Get out and fish with your rod or reel for an entire day. If you're not satisfied, we want to make it right with a FREE return or exchange. Read More.
All reels are shipped FAST in a sturdy cardboard box for $9.95. Read More.
HOW DOES IT HOLD UP IN SALTWATER?
The Chromium Casting Reel excels in Saltwater applications!
The Chromium boasts a super strong drag system: 3+1 piece free floating Full Carbon Fiber Drag Stack, to increase the maximum drag and decrease the potential for failure, uneven wear, seizure. All the while optimizing the density of material being used in construction of the most critical components continuously subjected to impact and deformation.
Above and beyond our strong solid one-piece aluminum frame, the Chromium reel includes:
- A stainless-steel spool shaft to prevent bending, pitting, and corrosion, stainless-steel worm shaft utilized to prevent shaft and track damage which decreases the potential for line guide obstruction and stoppages
- A brass pinion and brass main drive gear combination, which has been milled to reduce weight, has been proven to be just as effective, but more durable and longer lasting than its aluminum competitors.
- Brass crank shaft, which has also been milled to reduce weight, designed to work in tandem with a rarely preferred brass handle retainer nut cap, designed to reduce torque on stronger threads to keep star drag pressure consistent and your handle from coming loose and falling off.
- Stainless-steel key washer, designed to apply consistent pressure on all the Carbon Fiber Drag Stack and to withstand damage.
- Corrosion-resistant, cage-protected pinion bearing, to assist in our efforts to aid in operative smoothness, but still avoid rust and corrosion build-up under the audible cast control cap.
With the release of our New Chromium Fishing Reel, we at Kistler continue to stand and deliver by putting our customer first. We decided to tap into decades of research and development, engineering results, and frontline reel repair experience, to understand just what continues to fail or under-perform, and then we set our minds on how to fix it.
We approached this project by ignoring the pressures of "market trend" and "profit margins", by minimizing potential component failure from understanding the effectiveness of materials being used, and by appreciating the long-term value of strategically constructed and positioned internal and external components. Through this development process we feel as if we have packed as much performance, strength, durability, and support into the lightest most cost-effective package possible.
To increase support, we decided to contract a Chief Fishing Reel Engineer and Designer with decades of repair and re-engineering experience, across various generations of tooling platforms, to aid in the development of our new fishing reel products. We'll be able to maintain the highest standards of customer service as Kistler already provides. We've developed a warranty that competes with the highest standards already set within the industry.
Our single recognized national parts distributor, warranty and repair service provider will establish the highest standards of fishing reel parts distribution, maintenance and repair to maintain quality control, while providing a healthy replacement part stock supply for a new age in the development of Kistler Fishing Reels built to support even the most high-usage anglers.
SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON